Self-Talk Scripts: List Of Positive Affirmations [500+]
Positive self-talk, or affirmations, are powerful!
When done consistently over a period of time, positive self-talk can completely reprogram your subconscious mind, which determines that actions you take.
So in other words, want to change your actions? Change what you say to yourself.
Simple but not easy…or is it?
Later in this article, I’ll show you how to take advantage of the power of self-talk without having to put a lot of conscious energy into it. This will make more sense later.
If you’re new to
What is self-talk? Self-talk is the inner voice in your head. It provides an interpretation and meaning to what you’re currently experiencing or thinking about. These internal thoughts shape and influence how you respond to any given situation. Studies have found that most of our inner thoughts are negative, which means we have a tremendous opportunity to greatly improve our situation simply by changing how to talk to ourselves.
Let’s take a moment to dig a little deeper into this.
Why These Positive Affirmation Scripts Will Help You
“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”Napoleon Hill
Our mind–its thoughts, beliefs, biases–form the foundations of our actions.
Basically, we are programmed by our experiences.
Positive results and encouragement embolden us to do more of the actions that bring us beneficial outcomes.
The opposite is true as well, negative results from past efforts keep us from attempting similar experiences for fear of failing again.
Your success is defined and restricted by the programs you have now, and by new programs that are yet to be set. Question is, what kind of self-talker are you?
Self-talk falls into positive self-talk and negative self-talk categories.
Of the two, negative self-talk is more common.
Research estimates 50,000 to 70,000 thoughts run through people’s minds.
95% of those thoughts are repeated and cycled through daily with 80% of it pessimistic.
Focusing on the negative strengthens our mindsets to become resistant to growth and change.
Reprogramming your brain with self-talk scripts would change this:
Bad Thoughts → Incorrect Actions → Bad Results,
Good Thoughts → Correct Actions → Good Results.
People who are masters at positive self-talk have motivation in spades, get more done, and exude confidence.
They are not more experienced, more knowledgeable, or luckier.
Positive self-talkers have found a way to motivate themselves, keep their focus on the prize, and exert the effort to achieve their set goal.
What you fixate on becomes your reality so train your mind to alter your programming and welcome the possibilities and opportunities life can offer.
How To Use These Self-Talk Scripts
Create positive self-talk scripts that are tailored to the specific area or “subject” you want to reprogram in your brain.
You can’t expect to achieve new results doing the same old routines.
Focus on a talk “subject” – these could be losing weight, keeping yourself motivated to pursue a dream, kicking a bad habit, calming anxieties, the usual struggles every single person goes through.
Write a script that is specific to your situation.
The list of positive affirmations in the next section are for you to use and modify as you see fit.
Write your positive self-talk scripts and make it a habit to reread every day.
By copying the scripts word for word, the brain absorbs the message through the act of writing.
The practice may seem mindless but it’s an unconscious way for the brain to process the programming.
Not everybody has the time or the energy to write though.
What you can do is record yourself reading your scripts and listen to it throughout the day.
Play your recording in the background on the drive going to work, during your run, as you go about your day, and just before bedtime.
It’s a trick I learned from Dr. Shad Helmstetter.
Listening to his weight-loss self-talk helped Shad Helmstetter to shed 85 pounds in 10 ½ weeks.
The repetition is reinforcing new behavior patterns in your brain developing new beliefs and actions.
Pro tip: Structure your new habits by listening to your positive self-talk script first thing in the morning and just before you go to bed.
This sets your mood for the day and conditions your mind to prepare for the next day.
Positive self-talk is not a quick fix, band-aid solution.
You need to consistently listen to it for a least 3 weeks to see results.
The 21/90 theory states it takes 21 days to start a new habit and 90 days of practice to keep it.
The practice of the new action should also be consistent to keep it.
Practice what you learn by taking steps to achieve the goal set for the subject.
You will not lose weight by listening to the recordings.
Telling yourself but not taking action defeats the purpose of reprogramming.
Do you want to lose weight?
Believe you can lose weight AND take concrete steps – eat in moderation, work out, make healthier food choices.
When you change the state you are in and the way you use your body, it will produce positive results.
If you focus on what you want, you will notice the probabilities life has to offer.
There are no guarantees that you’ll lose all the weight you want to shed but you increase the likelihood when you change your mindset and negative beliefs.
For a detailed explanation of the benefits of self-talk see our other article here.
Affirmations For Depression
- Life is a gift.
- My life has meaning and purpose.
- God’s delays aren’t god’s denials.
- I’m happy and grateful to be alive.
- I am strong and can overcome anything.
- I am stronger than any negative thing that can possibly happen to me.
- Nothing can break me.
- I accept that many situations cannot be changed or undone, but I CAN change the meaning I give to that situation. I choose to give every situation and event a positive empowering meaning that drives me closer to even greater happiness, love, and joy.
- All experiences help me grow and heal.
- I know that life has seasons, and that summer is just around the corner.
- I choose to find the good in everything, no matter how bad a situation may seem. That’s a decision I’ve made.
- I deserve to give and receive love.
- I love myself and people love me.
- I welcome and accept the support and strength from friends, family and loved ones. Their love and support empower me to heal myself.
- The more I accept and welcome their help, the more I can forgive myself and others.
- Life is beautiful and precious.
- Life is about giving, sharing and caring.
- I see the beauty in myself, in other people and in my surroundings.
- I support the people I love and provide them with an abundance of love, attention, support, hope, inspiration, and guidance.
- I’m a gift to this world. I’m special, unique and one of a kind.
- I matter.
- I’m strength, determination, resilience, and love.
- Every day above ground is a good day.
- I’m grateful for everything I have in my life, big and small.
- Everything is going to be fine. Everything is going to be alright.
- Instead of worrying about something, which doesn’t make the situation any better, I see the good in it and take proactive steps to make the situation even better.
- I feel great.
- I’m at peace with myself, my surroundings and my world.
- Today is a new day, a fresh start.
- The future is what I decide to make it.
- I am courage. I am strength. I am resourcefulness.
- I pat myself on the back anytime I do something positive, no matter how small or trivial it may seem. What gets rewarded gets repeated.
- I’m proud of myself and salute my willingness to learn and grow from the challenges life throws my way.
- I overcome the challenges in my life.
- I regularly move my body through exercise to boost my state and get my endorphins flying high.
- I smile constantly because I’m happy. I’m alive.
- It’s impossible for me to feel depressed when I’m smiling. I smile constantly, and why not? Life is amazing
- I sleep peacefully and I wake up feeling rejuvenating and grateful.
- Life happens for me, not to me.
- I am appreicated.
- I am in complete control of my thoughts and emotions.
- I take stock of my previous wins to keep my confidence high.
Self-Talk For Quitting Smoking
- I put a premium on myself and will not destroy my body or others’ around me.
- 1 in 5 people die from smoking, and I refuse to kill myself.
- Smoking is disgusting to me.
- I value health over pleasure.
- I love the extra cash I save everyday from quitting.
- I don’t smoke.
- I am not a smoker.
- My lungs are clear and I can breathe easily.
- I am able to run, enjoy life, and be in control of my body.
- My body is my temple, and I nourish my body not destroy it.
- My skin is clear, my hair and nails are strong and healthy, I have energy and focus to live life to the fullest.
- I feel amazing and proud to be so healthy.
- I am in control of myself. My habits do not control me.
- My senses are now in peak performance. I see, smell, taste, hear, and feel, clearly and sharply.
- I am aware and alive because my senses are not dulled by tar and nicotine.
- My stress and tension will not go away with smoking. I will manage my stress with healthier coping mechanisms.
- Smoking is not cool, glamorous, or sophisticated. Smoking is an addiction and a disease. It has no part to play in my life.
- I was born not smoking. It is but natural that I do not smoke until my last breath and I leave this life for the next.
- I feel better when I don’t smoke.
- I have the power and motivation to resist my cigarette cravings.
- I feel healthier and more alive as a non-smoker.
- My willpower grows stronger every day I choose to be healthy.
- I am proud of myself for quitting smoking.
- I have more energy and stamina as a non-smoker; my body becomes healthier every day.
- As a non-smoker, my positive self-image improves as I take control of my life with the power of my will and my mind.
- I let go of all of my unhealthy behaviors, I am committed to being as healthy as possible.
- I enjoy breathing clean air and have complete control of my body and mind.
- My senses are sharpened and renewed. I see things more clearly, sensations and sounds are amplified, tastes are more savory, and scents are aromatic.
- My life, my body, my health are more important than a stick of nicotine.
- I can do other things to help me cope with life and smoking is not one of them.
- Smoking is not a habit that will define me as a person.
- It may take some time, I will take it moment by moment, but I will overcome it.
- I am a quitter when it comes to smoking, I will not stop quitting until I am free of this unhealthy habit.
- I have no habits which have power over my life in any harmful way.
- I see smoking for what it is – a destructive habit. It has no place in my life.
- I look forward to a full life of health, longevity, and vitality.
- My health is more important than being cool or social acceptance.
- I do not smoke. I have confidence in achieving that goal. I have self-respect for my health and my body.
Affirmations To Overcome Anxiety
- All of my thoughts create health within me.
- I do not worry. Things always have a way of working itself out.
- I am in control of my thoughts and I think only those thoughts that create and present the best in me.
- I choose to see the world around me in the positive light of healthy optimism and confidence.
- I automatically, and always, think in a decisive and determined way.
- I willingly take care of the duties and obligations which I have accepted for myself.
- I commit only to those responsibilities which I know I can meet.
- I keep my mind focused on good, wholesome, positive, constructive, and productive thoughts. My mind does not have space for negativity or worry.
- I control the thoughts I choose. No thought, at any time, can dwell in my mind without my approval or permission.
- I never worry.
- I stop negative thoughts when they come to me by asking myself? “Do I have control over this situation?”
- Things are never as bad as I imagine it to be.
- I will not be my own enemy, I will not be harsh in my thoughts and my critiques. of my decisions and actions.
- I will be mindful of the situations that I find myself in and take decisive action to address it now.
- Now is important, Today is what matters. Today, I will take action to deal with the pressing needs that surround me. My priority is now.
- I am enough. I have done enough today. I worked hard today. I have given my best and that is enough.
- As the day winds down, I have done what I could for the day. I have met my responsibilities and fulfilled my obligations.
- I am at peace. I will not second-guess my decisions and actions.
- I am confident in my decisions as I solve life’s problems successfully.
- I look forward to the future and the future looks good.
- I have peace and though changes may happen, I embrace it.
- There is nothing that I will face that I have not experienced before. I move forward, I learn from it.
- My past experiences have prepared me for the future. I need not worry.
- I remain calm despite the situation. I do the best I can and I am happy with my decisions.
- I habitually visualize positive outcomes in all areas of my life.
- Though mistakes, delays, and setbacks happen, I look at it from a right perspective.
- I am the master of my feelings and emotions.
- I accept things that are and embrace the things I can not change.
- I consciously choose what I think and I always choose thoughts that are positive and beneficial for me.
- I occupy my mind with constructive thoughts. There is no room for dwelling in negativity and distress.
Self-Talk For Being More Grateful
- I am thankful for what I have, what I am, what I do, and where I am.
- I’m grateful to be alive.
- Every day above ground is a great day.
- I’m blessed to be on this
planet,and to have people around that love me deeply.
- I’m grateful for the simple things in life.
- I appreciate the people in my life.
- I thank my creator blessing
myinto this world.
- I think of new things
everydaythat I’m grateful for.
- I’m at peace knowing that life works for me and not against me.
EverydayI’m thankful for what I have, and what I will be receiving in the future.
- I never, ever, take anything for granted.
Self-Talk For Getting Yourself To Meditate More
- I love to meditate.
- My mind is quiet and at peace.
- Meditation eliminates stress and activates my immune system.
- Meditation comes easily to me.
- I feel relaxed, centered, and calm.
- Meditation is the gift I give myself every single day.
- I know that stress, or the fight or flight response,
shutsdown my immune system, and also I know that meditation shuts down the fight or flight response, and puts me into the relaxation response.
- By meditating
everydayI stimulate my parasympathetic nervous system, which causes a SUPER immune response.
- I notice everything around me, how things feel, look, and smell.
- Mediation improves my mood, focus, happiness, health, memory, creativity, and much much more.
Taking Responsibility In Your Life
- I take full responsibility for everything about me, including my thoughts. I am in control of the output of my mind.
- I am responsible for what I do, what I tell myself I can and cannot do, and what I believe about myself. No one can share this responsibility with me.
- I enjoy being responsible. I am in charge of being me-and it’s a challenge I like taking on.
- My choices are mine alone to make for myself. I cannot change the past but I am in control of my present and future.
- I always meet all of the obligations which I accept. I accept no obligations that I will not meet.
- I am trustworthy. People can count on me to live up to the trust and responsibility tasked to me.
- I take full responsibility for any obligations and duties I do not fulfill.
- I make no excuses and no one can make excuses for me.
- I acknowledge and accept the responsibility–for my actions, my emotions, my thoughts, and my attitudes.
- I accept the responsibility for living my life in a way that nurtures my talents, my strengths, my health, my happiness, and my contentment.
Self-Talk For Confidence
- I’m fully confident in myself.
- I trust myself and my abilities. I have proven this time and again.
- I am aware of what I can do, what I can offer, and what I can bring to the table.
- I believe in my capabilities and skills to accomplish what I set my mind to.
- I am fun, confident, charming, and sure of myself.
- I know my worth and the value I add with my knowledge, my actions, and my ideas.
- I carry myself with pride. My experiences have made me who I am and have given me experience and perspective.
- I express myself openly and am open to others’ differing opinions.
- I know who I am and what I believe in and stand for.
- I respect my gut feel and intuition. It has never steered me wrong.
- I believe in myself. I am positivity and my mind believes in my possibility. I have no space for negativity and I will not let it bother me.
- I open myself to accept the possibilities that life and the future have to offer.
- Everyday is my day and nothing can stop me from accomplishing my goals.
- I am a confident person who’s opinion is accepted and respected by my peers.
- I am organized, I am determined, I am capable.
- I am not free from failure. I am free from the fear of it.
- I have the power to deal with this problem and create the outcome I want.
- I will push through. I will persist through life’s setbacks.
- My confidence is from the information and wisdom that I learned from past experiences.
- My fearlessness is rooted in belief – in my skill, my expertise, in life experience, not recklessness.
- I take pride in what I have accomplished, what I have become.
- I am 100% fully confident in myself.
- I go with the flow of life. I can succeed. I can go against the flow and still succeed.
- I can and I will accomplish anything I choose to do.
- I can accomplish anything that I put my mind on.
- I am confident because I have the goods to back my claims.
- I do not have to say ‘yes’ to everything. I choose what I invest my energies in and what will bring value to the world and me.
- I am confident. This is based on what I know and believe, not what other people think of me.
- What I know, What I have to say, what I feel, and my experiences matter.
- I trust myself, and I have the confidence that I am a worthy person everyone respects.
Weight Loss Affirmations
- I will lose weight and keep it at a healthy level. Each time I sit down to eat, I assert my decision to accomplish my goal.
- By eating right, and never giving in, I am reaching and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Weight loss comes easily to me.
- I love myself and believe I can bring my weight to a healthy level.
- I only eat what I should and not a bit more.
- I honor my body and my health by eating healthier meals and healthier portions.
- I accept my shape and embrace my unique beauty and imperfections.
- I accept my imperfections and aim for a healthy weight.
- I am responsible for my weight-loss. I determine what I eat and drink and I have control of my appetite.
- I eat to live and not live to eat. I will eat only when I am hungry.
- I am focused on my goal to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight. I do not need to be reminded of my goal.
- I am conscious of what I eat, what I snack on. I will make healthier food choices.
- My weight-loss goal is for me. I will lose weight for myself, and not to please anybody else.
- Food is to nourish my body. I feed my body to replenish its needs and not to fill a void in my self. My emotions do not need food.
- I am in control of my weight at all times, in every way, in every situation.
- I am eating right – the right food, the right time, the right portions, and the right reasons.
- I let go of my unhealthy eating behaviors and patterns.
- I will exercise to help my body achieve a healthy weight goal I am aiming for
- I won’t take shortcuts to achieve my goal.
- The goals I set for myself, the food I eat, the activities I do are my choices alone. I will not let anyone discourage, tempt, or belittle my efforts.
- I let go of the guilt I carry about my food choices in the past.
- My success may inspire others but my goal is for my own benefit and not to please anyone.
- I am thankful for my body that is capable of activity and exercise.
- Losing weight helps me to be more confident and comfortable in my own skin.
- Everything I eat heals and nourishes my body, and helps me to achieve my healthy weight goal.
- I believe in my body’s ability to change harmful habits and develop positive ones.
- My body is my temple and I take care of it by eating healthier and exercising.
- My other numbers – blood pressure, glucose levels, triglycerides, etc. – matter as much as the numbers on my weighing scale and clothes size.
- I savor my portions and chew carefully so my body gets all the nutrients it needs.
- It does not matter where I eat but what and how much I eat.
- During times there is an abundance of food in front of me, I can always choose to say ‘No” to eating more and “Yes” to my successful weight loss.
Affirmations For Better Sleep
- I fall asleep easily and effortlessly and will be fully recharged in the morning.
- I can face tomorrow’s challenges if I am well rested.
- Sleep is for warriors and champions.
- I will sleep instead of obsessing and worrying. Those negatives will only impact my health and not the problems.
- I give priority to my body’s needs and now it needs rest to recover.
- I will follow a sleep schedule and a sleep relaxation routine, and I will stick with it.
- I will improve my health and quality of life by getting quality sleep.
- I will take it easy and make sure my body gets a release from the day’s stresses.
- Many of my issues, fears, and challenges will still be there tomorrow. I am not avoiding it, I am preparing to face it head-on.
- Sleep is a gift that I accept graciously and thankfully.
Self-Talk For Boosting Self-Esteem
- I am unique. I am special. I matter.
- I am a work in progress. I like where I am right now but I am working to continue improving myself and be a better me.
- I am blessed with talent, resources, knowledge, ideas that make me a valuable and relevant part of any group or organization.
- I see the good in others. I see the goodness in me. I am enough.
- I enjoy being around people and people like to be in my company. They seek my opinion and have high regard for my views and ideas.
- I am warm and genuine. I like myself and what makes me, me. People accept me for what and who I am.
- I can forgive others and I can forgive myself for my past failures and mistakes. I am worthy of forgiveness and second chances.
- My best is enough. I have done what I can. My worth is not based on my achievements or failings.
- I choose happiness and to live according to my wishes. My life, my desires, my needs matter.
- I like who I am. I like what I do, what I think, and what makes me uniquely me.
Scripts For Solving Problems
- Problems are blocks that I can work around, push away, hurdle over, or smash to pieces.
- There is no problem that is unsolvable. I am a capable person granted wisdom, intelligence, and resources to solve problems that I will encounter during life’s journey.
- Problems are faced, not avoided. Problems are solved, not overlooked. Problems are taken on, not hidden from. Problems come and go. I am ready to defeat my problems.
- Problems may bring difficulty but leave lessons that I can learn from.
- Problems are riddles that already have solutions in it. I need to look for the key to solve the riddle.
- I am stronger than my problems. There is no problem that I cannot overcome for I am an intelligent, positive, and determined person.
- A problem can be viewed as an opportunity – to learn, to grow, to gain, to make better, to encourage, to steer in the right direction.
- Big problems are not insurmountable. Big problems can be broken down and dealt with bit by little bit until the big problem is just an irritation.
- When problems come, I will face it knowing that seeking a solution will not only bring resolution to the problem but also bring me additional personal growth.
- I face problems and challenges head-on. I have faced many problems before, what is another one? I am prepared and ready to take this on.
- I set realistic goals and I know I can achieve it. I am capable, I am driven, and I am an achiever.
- Every day is an opportunity to do better. I am not in competition with anybody else. I am in competition with myself.
- I am a winner. What I know, what I feel, what I can do are no match for what I will face. I am a winner. I am.
- Setbacks are just breaks; opportunities to regroup and gather my thoughts. When I am down, I can get up. I will continue to get up and achieve. There is no other way but up when you are down.
- I have reserves of fortitude, character positivity, and confidence in myself. I can take on the world.
- I have faith in my abilities. I can accomplish anything I set my sights on. I fear nothing and no one. I face challenges every day, today is no different.
- I got this. People’s belief or skepticism of my abilities have no bearing on my capabilities. I can.
- There is no perfection but I give my 100% every time. I expect the best so I give my best.
- I am an extraordinary person. My belief and acceptance of what I can do and my limitations help me to overcome limitations and attain my plans and goals. My only limit will be if I give in to negativity.
- I choose to see the good. Where people see “impossible,” I see “I’m possible.” I choose to see the possibilities and I see that everything is possible. I’m possible.
What To Say To Yourself To Be More Social
- I’m social, friendly, enthusiastic, playful and funny.
- I am the life of the party.
- I love to organize social outings.
- I socialize regularly.
- I laugh easily and I laugh often.
- People love me and I love them back.
- I’ve never met a person I didn’t like.
- I’m social, gregarious and fun.
- Everything I say is a joke.
- I’m always in a playful mood.
- Socializing is fun for me.
- Socializing fuels my spirit and makes me feel alive and happy.
- I connect with people.
- People are attracted to my social vibe.
- People want to be around with me, and form relationships with me.
Self-Talk For Entrepreneurs
- I never give up.
- I always succeed.
- I’m a winner.
- I never quit.
- I master my craft.
- I know that gods delays are not gods denials.
- I have the skills, abilities, connections, mindset, and work ethic to achieve any goal I set for myself.
- What one man can do another man can do.
- The images in my mind are a preview of my future experiences.
- I feed my mind and my subconscious with images the end result.
- I leverage the experiences of others.
- I reach out to potential mentors regularly because I know that the short-cut to success.
- I have tremendous focus and don’t get distracted from my goals.
- I’m in the business of serving people and humanity.
- My income is directly correlated to the amount of value I put out.
- Success is always one campaign, strategy, or tactic away.
- I will always succeed because I leverage the experience and knowledge of successful business people that have already done it.
Affirmations For Waking Up Early
- I love waking up early.
- I’m an early riser.
- Waking up early puts me and my needs first.
- Waking up early enables me to exercise, prepare for the day and kick ass.
- It feels amazing and peaceful to be up early.
- I have endless energy throughout the day when I wake up early every day.
- I sleep and wake up at consistent times every day, and that empowers me.
- Waking up early is easy, enjoyable and effortless. I LOVE waking up early!
- I feel amazing knowing that I’m taking care of the most important thing in the day before the world even wakes up!
- Waking up reduces my stress because I don’t need to rush. I love it.
- I wake up early and I’m proactive rather than reactive.
- I know that waking up early lowers my overall stress levels.
- Being well-rested is proven to increase one’s ability to solve problems.
- Since I have good sleep patterns I get into deeper levels of sleep regularly, which is the where all tissue, bone and cellular repair happens.
- Waking up early gives me time to exercise.
- Getting more done in the morning gives me more free time to spend later in the day with the people that I love.
- Since I’m up early I’m able to plan my day.
Self-Talk For Salespeople
- My success starts in seeing my self as successful, capable, a winner.
- My business, energy, time, skill, and reputation are my most important assets, it follows that I invest these assets with the right clients, prospects, colleagues, and friends.
- My empathy and ability to listen is greater than my ability to persuade. An even greater skill for me is my ability to understand what my clients really need.
- I will focus on myself and not on the competition. I have no control over what they do or what they offer. But I can control my preparation, my presentation, my persuasion, and my professionalism.
- Every day is a new opportunity to close a sale.
- I am effective at persuading clients to buy and close the deal because I understand their needs and pain points. I put myself in their shoes and understand their views and potential objections.
- I love what I do. Making sales is my life and hitting sales targets give me life.
- The word “No” is just another opportunity to tell the client the benefits of the product or service and how it will make their life or business easier.
- My positive nature and honesty make me charismatic, trustworthy, and compelling.
- I always take care of the details in my work. My clients trust me to take care of them.
Remember, you need to either say or listen to these positive self-talk statements daily (minimum twice per day) for a period of 30 days in order for these affirmations to override your existing programming in your subconscious mind.
Harteneck, P. (2015. September 29). 7 Ways to Deal With Negative Thoughts. Retrieved from https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/women-s-mental-health-matters/201509/7-ways-deal-negative-thoughts
Wignall, N. (2018. July 27).10 Types of Negative Self-Talk (and How to Correct Them). Retrieved from https://nickwignall.com/negative-self-talk/
Battles, M. (2018, October 10). 15 Ways to Practice Positive Self-Talk for Success. Retrieved from https://www.lifehack.org/504756/self-talk-determines-your-success-15-tips