How Much Does A Massage Chair Cost?
I love massages, and can never have enough. Since I carry a lot of tension in my neck and back I’ve looked into massages chairs as a way to keep myself loose and relaxed.
How much does a massage chair cost? You can find a decent quality massage chair for around $2,500. There are more expensive chairs that go for between $6,000 - $10,000, and they come with more options, features and massage styles. There are also other cheaper types that cost around $200 - $500.
Massage Chairs Under $500
Massage chairs in this price range are usually made up of faux leather upholstery, and come with very few vibration motors and a single massage intensity.
Some may have a heating option.
Most of these chairs will come with a remote control that helps you to easily adjust the massage intensity.
I was surprised to find out that many of them come with a built-in cup holder and storage pockets for things like your tv remotes, magazines, books, and phone.
Some of the chairs under $500 include:
- Relaxzen 8 Motor Ottoman
- Bruntmor Adjustable Massage Chair
- Homgrace Swivel Gaming
- Belmint Foldable Massage Chair
- BestChoice Recliner
- BestMassage Curved Shiatsu
- Relaxzen 60-078011
- Human Touch iJoy 2.0
- JC Home Argus
- ExacMe Massage Chair
- Earthlite Vortex
- BestMassage E-C-69
- Human Touch iJoy Perfect Fit
- Relaxzen 60-078011
- Comfort 60-0582
Massage Chairs Between $500 - $999
These chairs normally come with a full-body airbag massage for the shoulder, arm, calf and the buttocks.
Some will have built-in heaters.
These massage chairs normally come with different preset massage programs.
Some of the massage chairs between $500 - $1000:
- OOTORI N500
- Real Relax Recliner
- Omega Aires
- Merax Recliner
- Mayakoba Shiatsu Massage Chair
- BestMassage Electric Shiatsu Chair
- Giantex Full Body
- Apex iCozy
- BestMassage EC 06
- Human Touch iJoy 2580
- Osim UStyle
- Magic Union Powerlift
Massage Chairs Between $1,000 - $1,999
Most of the massage chairs within in this range comes with an s-track system, which is designed to massage you from the neck to the tailbone.
These chairs also come with an advanced remote control to help you choose your massage program.
Massage chairs in this price range includes:
- TrueRelax Recliner
- Forever Rest FR-K5s
- FocRelaxer Shiatsu
- Jing Capsule
- Anga Multifunctional
- BestMassage EC27
- Anga Multi-Point
- Anga Aristocratic
- BQC Luxury
- BestMassage NFL
- BestMassage Dollar Bill
- BQC Multi-Functional
- FocRelaxer Zero Gravity
- EU Trumedic MC-750
- BQC Capsule
Massage Chairs Between $2,000 - $2,999
A cool feature that some of the chair in this price range has are the zero gravity setting, which basically reclines your chair and making you feel weightless and completely relaxed.
Chairs in this price range are:
- Osaki OS-4000T
- Inner balance J5600 3D
- Anga 4D
- BQC Automatic Electric
- Fujita DR5
- Human Touch Whole Body 7.1
- Berkline 16020
- FOHoo S800
- OOTORI S-Track
- Lulong 3D
- BQC Home Back
- JAKROO Electric
- BQC Space
- BQC Commercial
- BestMassage NFL Dallas Cowboys
- Apex AP-Pro Ultra
- Titan Lucas
- Titan TP-Pro 8400
- Titan TP-Pro Executive 3D
- Kiwami 4D 970
- Titan TP-Carina
Massage Chairs Between $3,000 - $3,999
Chairs in this price range will usually come with at least 7 different massage preset programs.
They tend to also have a full-body scanner and advanced touch screen remote control to help you to customize your massage.
Some chairs will also come with up to three zero gravity settings.
Massage chairs in this category include:
- Ogawa Active L
- JAKROO Recliner
- Kang Yian Automatic
- Kang Yian KYN- A3
- Jing Electric
- BQC Automatic Electric
- BQC Capsule
- Anga Zero Gravity
- Inner Balance Jin
- Osaki OS-4000LS
- Osaki OS-Pro Maxim
- Tsukino JP1214
- Osaki OS-7200H
- Titan Lucas Electric
- NFL Minnesota Vikings
- Human Touch ZeroG 5.0
- Human Touch ZeroG 3.0
- Casada Alphasonic
Massage Chairs Between $4,000 - $4,999
In this price range you’ll find that most of the massage chairs come with an inbuilt bluetooth speaker, iPod, and an mp3 decoder to listen to your music directly by connecting to your phone or laptop.
Some offer heat therapy massage using infrared heating.
They also will usually come with a full-body scanner to give you a more tailored massage experience.
Other common features at this price range include:
- Automatic tilting system for your back
- Footrest with rollers for massaging your feet
- Calf massage option
- Footrest extension option for taller people
Massage chairs in this price range include:
- JAKROO 3D
- Osaki OS-3D
- Osaki OS-Pro Alpina
- Osaki OS-7200CR
- AP-Pro Regal
- Osaki OS-Pro Soho
- Osaki OS-3D Pro Cyber
- Human Touch Bali
- Osaki OS-3D Pro Dreamer
- Osaki OS-4D JP Premium
- Synca Wellness Kagra
- JAKROO Air Pump
- JAKROO Health SPA
- Cubicles Evol Shiatsu
- Fujita DRS11-4D
- HXLSXROMIDA Capsule
- Uknead Lohas L-Track
- uDeluxe Massage Chair
- uDiva 2 Massage Sofa
Massage Chairs Between $5,000 - $6,999
Unique features common for these groups of chairs include:
- Multi-layer pillow, padding, and a removable head cover
- Quad roller head massage system
Check out the machines at the range:
- Osaki JP Premium 4.0
- JAKROO Spa Support
- Jing Electric Capsule
- Medical Breakthrough 6
- Cozzia CZ-629
- Osaki OS-3D Pro
- Luraco Legend 3D L- Track
- Osaki OS-JP 4D Premium 4S
- uLove Massage Chair
Massage Chairs Between $7,000 - $7,999
These massage chairs commonly come with:
- Spinal decompression and stretch feature
- Triple reflexology foot rollers for massaging your feet
- Removable back pad and pillow
- Twist seat function which delivers swinging and twisting massages through the airbags located underneath the seat
- 3-step footrest cover to massage the areas below the knees
- 5+ level strength adjustability which enables you to choose the intensity of your massage
Some of these chairs are:
- Fujiiryoki EC-3800
- Osaki OS-Pro Ekon
- Human Touch Novo XT2
- Bodyfriend Pharaoh
- Daiwa Extended L
Massage Chairs Between $8,000 - $8,999
Many of these massage chairs have:
- Smart touch screens and easy to use remote controls that you can easily use even at night
- 3+ levels of multi-sectional intensity
- Noise reduction technology. This makes them one of the quietest massage chairs around
- Premium sound system
- 20+ auto-wellness programs
Some of these include:
- iRobotics i7
- Human Touch Novo XT2 3D
- Bodyfriend Rex-L
- Inada Freewave
- uInfinity Luxe Massage Chair
Massage Chairs Between $9,000 - $10,000?
These premium massage chairs tend to come with the following:
- 3D rollers that can move in six different directions, providing an unparalleled chair massage experience.
- Custom heated rollers that mimic a human hand during the massage .
- Custom rollers that are designed to provide massages using the soothing junetsu kneading technique.
- 20+ large airbags that usually have at least three different intensities.
- Foot and calf massager that can perform arch kneading and sole shiatsu.
- Stretching programs for different parts of the body such as the neck, chest, lower back, pelvis, and the legs.
- Child lock feature.
- Voice guidance feature which explains operation procedures and specific functions on the remote control.
- Optocoupler detection device which scans the shoulder for any tense areas to be massaged.
Some of these massage chairs include:
- Panasonic MAJ7 Real Pro
- CatchyMarket CA-6008
- Luraco i7
- Osaki OS-Pro Maestro
- Legacy 3D DWA-9150
- Pegasus DWA-9400
- Symphony USJ-9300
Massage Chairs Over $10,000
These super expensive massage chairs are made with premiums material and usually include the following:
- Multiple zero gravity settings
- 360 degree surround bluetooth speakers
- S-track and l-track design
- Can adapt to different shoulder width sizes
Massage chairs over $10k include:
- HXLSXROMIDA Capsule Sl
- Super Novo
What’s The Difference Between An Expensive Massage Chair And An Inexpensive Chair?
In the previous sections we’ve pretty much outlined the differences in the massage chairs at different price points, but we will summarize below.
1. Under $500
- These have very few vibration motors and only offer a singles massage intensity.
- Most of these have simple user-friendly and handheld remote controls.
- These chairs do not offer heat therapy.
- They can only massage the back and not the rest of the body.
2. Around The $2,500 Price Point
These massage chairs are able to recline into zero gravity position.
- Some models offer heat massage.
- Come with preset massage functions.
- They offer full body massage.
- Come with a combination of multiple motors, rollers, airbags, and a control panel which gives you a broad range of massage movements.
- These chairs may offer a Swedish and Shiatsu massage.
3. Over $5,000
- These chairs come with fully automated and computer controlled massage programs that give you control over what massage experience you would like to have.
- They come with a combination of multiple motors, rollers, airbags and a control panel which gives you a broad range of massage movements.
- Multiple zero gravity recline options.
- Built-in mp3 player and speakers.
- Heat massages.
- Numerous preset massage combinations.
- Built-in full body scanner.
- Full-body massages from head to toe.
- Stretching programs.
- Touch screen.
What Kind Of Warranties Come With Massage Chairs?
Most massage chairs come with warranties starting from 1 year up to 5 years.
Depending on the company, some will cover in-house service while others cover the parts of the massage chair, or both.